We actually make soup almost every week but rarely put them on our blog… not sure why but perhaps we’ll stick them up more often.
Here’s what we’ll be eating for lunch for the rest of the week:
Honeyed Carrot Soup (makes a big pot full)
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a big saucepan.
- Add a big sliced leek and cook for a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add 800g of roughly chopped carrots, 2 tsp clear honey, a pinch of chilli flakes and a bay leaf and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Pour in 2.5 litres of vegetable stock, bring to the boil, and simmer for half an hour.
- Whizz the soup until smoothish and season.
Find the original recipe here: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4852/honeyed-carrot-soup