A dish that is super-healthy and easy to cook makes this a great weeknight dinner and lunch (if you make too much the night before). It’s a tiny bit dry on it’s own even with the juicy orange in the couscous so we recommend you serve some Tzatziki on the side – even though that’s Greek. The Moroccans will forgive us.
- 500g turkey mince (they have it in Tesco)
- 2 tsp each chilli powder, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- zest 1 orange, then peeled and orange segments chopped
- 250g coucous
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Mix the mince, spices, onion and orange zest together in a big bowl with your hands. Roll the mixture into about 20 walnut-sized meatballs.
- Put the couscous in a bowl, pour in the hot stock, cover with cling film and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the meatballs and fry for about 12 minutes until nice and brown all over and cooked through.
- Fluff the couscous up with a fork, stir in the chopped orange, coriander and some seasoning. Serve with the meatballs and some tzatziki.