A really quick and easy week-night supper with bags of freshness and flavour. It’s also infinitely variable depending on what crunchy vegetables you may have to hand. We would have added a couple of sliced red chillies if we’d had some!
Spicy Prawn Soup – to serve 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g bag crunchy stir-fry vegetables
- 140g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200ml vegetable or fish stock
- 300g medium straight-to-wok noodles
- 200g large, raw prawns
Heat a wok, add the oil, and stir-fry the vegetables and mushrooms for a few minutes. Take out and set aside, then tip the curry paste into the pan and fry for a minute. Pour in the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil, drop in the noodles and prawns, then reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes until the prawns are cooked. Stir in the vegetables and serve.
(Original recipe from BBC Good Food)