We’re always on the lookout for low-calorie dishes for weeknights (so we can afford to redress the balance at the weekend!) This one was tasty and helpfully used up some of the bits and pieces we had in the fridge.
Coconut, noodle & vegetable soup – to serve 4
- 1-2 tbsp Thai curry paste (use whatever colour you’ve got)
- 1 tsp groundnut (or other flavourless oil)
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 300ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200g thick-rice noodles
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 140g sugar snap peas, halved
- 100g beansprouts
- 1½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 scallions shredded
- some mint and coriander leaves to serve (if you have some)
Put a large pot over a medium heat. Cook the curry paste in the oil for a minute until it starts to release its aroma. Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the noodles. Simmer for 7 minutes, then stir in the mushrooms and sugar snaps. Cook for another 3 minutes, then add the beansprouts, fish sauce and lime juice. Take the pan off the heat.
Serve in bowls with some scallions, mint and coriander.
(Original recipe from BBC Good Food)