We will definitely do this recipe again; the flavours burst in your mouth and taste so summery. Our inspiration was our friend Carol who had some pea puree with radishes at a lovely Sunday lunch recently and Sheila from Gimmetherecipe posted a similar recipe and reminded us to try it. Such an easy summer starter.
Crostini with pea purée rocket & broad beans – to serve 6
- 200g double-podded broad beans
- 400g frozen peas
- 85g butter
- 100g natural yogurt
- leaves from a small bunch of mint
- 1 ciabatta, sliced
- 1 small bunch dill, chopped
- couple handfuls of rocket
- 140g radishes, thinly sliced
- 85g pecorino cheese
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Cook the broad beans for 4 minutes until just tender. Drain, , cool under cold running water, then drain and set aside. In the same pan, fry the peas in half the butter until just cooked. Allow to cool, the blitz in the food processor (or use a hand blender) with the yogurt, mint and seasoning.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Melt the rest of the butter in a small pan, stir in the dill, then brush over the ciabatta slices. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Spread some pea purée onto each slice, top with rocket, broad beans and radishes. Shave some pecorino over the top. Drizzle with oil before serving.