Yum yum yum yum! Throw this together after work and you won’t be disappointed. Try and get salad potatoes – we could only find floury new potatoes in the village and they sort of went to mush. A great way to use up pesto.
Warm potato and tuna salad with pesto dressing – to serve 4
- 650g new potatoes, halved lengthways (try and get waxy/salad potatoes)
- 2 tbsp pesto (fresh is best – see recipe below)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 175g can tuna (we like to use the tuna in oil that comes in jars)
- 200g runner beans, sliced finely on the diagonal (or you can use halved green beans)
- couple of handfuls of spinach
Meanwhile, mix the pesto and oil together. Halve the tomatoes, drain and flake the tuna. Add the beans to the potatoes for the last 3 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and beans and tip into a salad bowl. Stir in the spinach so it starts to wilt. Season well. Scatter the tomatoes and tuna over the top and drizzle over the pesto. Give it a final toss and you’re ready to go.
(Original recipe from BBC Good Food)