To serve 4:
- 4 tuna steaks
- olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 10g each of flat-leaf parsley leaves, mint leaves and basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and dried
- 50g good-quality pitted green olives
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- finely grated zest of 1/4 small lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Heat a cast-iron griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the tuna with olive oil and season with sea salt. Put them on the griddle, turn the heat down to medium high and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side so you get nice char marks but the fish is rare on the inside.
Serve the tuna steaks with the salsa verde spooned over the top.
(Original recipe by José Pizarro for Sainsbury’s Magazine, October 2011).