This is so delicious!!! Make sure you use top quality tuna in olive oil (we like Ortiz). It’s really healthy too. What more can we say?
Note to Cara – Jono reckons Cian will like this one 😉
Linguine with tuna sauce – to serve 4
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 450g creamed tomatoes (passata)
- 2 x 200g cans tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 375g linguine
Heat the oil in a medium pan. Toss in 2 tbsp of the parsley, the garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for a few minutes until starting to soften. Add the tomatoes and cook for another few minutes. Fold in the tuna and season generously. Leave the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta, then drain and return to the pan. Pour the tuna sauce into the pasta and toss well. Sprinkle over the rest of the parsley and serve.
Wine Suggestions: We think a light Italian red would be good here. Try a Langhe Nebbiolo or something from Basilicata if you fancy going south.
(Original recipe from BBC Good Food.)