We have made this dip many times as we, and our friends, keep on devouring the lot before a photo can be taken. Not really problematic as we love it so much. We finally got a photo 🙂 but will keep on making the dip, which has become a firm favourite and works great as a starter to share with some barbecued flat breads.
Pistachio & Feta Dip – serves 8
- 100g shelled pistachios
- 75ml olive oil
- 300g feta cheese
- handful of dill, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 3 large tbsp Greek yogurt
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of ½ lemon
- sea salt if needed
Blitz the pistachio nuts and oil in a food processor for 30 seconds.
Add the feta, herbs, crushed garlic, chilli, yogurt and lemon zest and juice and blitz for about 1 minute, or until the mixture has a rustic texture.
Taste and add salt if needed but bare in mind that feta is already quite salty.
Serve with barbecued flatbreads.
(Original recipe from Persiana by Sabrina Ghayour, Mitchell Beazley, 2014.)