These are amazing!!!!! Pick up some prawns and make them tonight.
Pan-fried King Prawns (daeha jjiim) – serves 2 as a starter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 150g king prawns, shelled
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp roasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
Combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and honey together to make a sauce.
Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over a high heat. When it’s very hot, add the prawns and cook for a minute, then turn them over. Add the sauce and cook for another minute until cooked through.
Serve immediately with the spring onion and pine nuts sprinkled over the top.
(Original recipe from Our Korean Kitchen by Jordan Bourke & Regina Pyo, W&N, 2015.)